Are you a highly organised and discreet Business Manager?
Established in 2004, Jane Taylor London has become synonymous with stylish and elegant hats and headpieces. Worn by everyone from Beyoncé to the Duchess of Cambridge, Jane Taylor Millinery produces stunning ranges of bespoke iconic hats and headpieces.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a bright and highly organised business Manager to support the founder, Jane Taylor.
You will be based in our South Kensington Showroom on Walton Street alongside our welcoming and inclusive small (but mighty) team.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under their own initiative, possess a can-do attitude and be a good problem solver. Personable skills and a high level of discretion will always be required due to the nature of the business and the profile of our clientele. Your role will be an integral part of our business and there will be plenty of scope to expand and grow within your position at this exciting time of the company’s expansion.
The BD Manager will take overall responsibility for new client acquisition, online enquires and managing private client appointments. You will also be responsible for producing and delivering a robust annual sales plan. In addition to supporting the agency's overall client acquisition activity, the BD Manager will take personal responsibility for selling and building relationships with a portfolio of key accounts.
- Revenue generation and growth - hit or exceed agreed revenue budgets and win new clients.
- Reputation and brand - ensure that JTL is widely recognised (as a leading luxury headwear brand).
- Business planning - to work with the Founder to develop and execute the annual sales plan.
- Sales planning - to develop and implement a bespoke sales plan/development plan for the existing client base, target markets and expansion into new regions.
- Customer relationship management - to establish and develop relationships with relevant decision makers within customer organisations to create additional opportunities for JTL.
- Undertake assessment reviews and customer feedback reviews to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Uploading Showroom orders onto the accounting system
- Chasing unpaid invoices
- Answering calls
- Dealing with press call ins
- Diary, and email management for the founder
- Assisting clients with consultations and making sales
- To constantly monitor the marketplace to identify new prospects or reprioritise existing prospects.
- To establish and develop relationships with all relevant decision makers within customer organisations to create opportunities for JTL to pitch or submit a proposal. This will include tailored and focussed activities to penetrate prospects; managing and leading meetings, hosting client hospitality and undertaking pre-pitch/proposal meetings.
- Maintain and constantly update an accurate database of prospect information and contact details.
- Provide accurate forecasts and detailed pipeline analysis as required.
- Train the team in business development / sales activity.
- Working with the Marketing team, where appropriate, to direct and supervise bespoke mail shot initiatives, to secure appointments to sell and to secure sales across all platforms.
- To map and be aware of key calendar dates within the fashion industry and key events in existing and emerging regions specific to millinery.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the markets and competitor activities.
- Have (develop) an excellent knowledge of the fashion and premium/luxury market.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of JTL and our suite of products.
- Research and develop an international business plan.
- Lead international expansion plan.
- Manage attendance at key business (trade) events in the UK and overseas.
Competencies and experience
- First class relationship building skills combined with influencing and negotiation skills.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, and excellent presentation skills.
- Resilience and perseverance.
- Good understanding of recruitment, resourcing, or HR.
- Strong experience of sales, marketing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and adapt in a fast-moving environment.
- Collaborative working style.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Successful track record as 'top biller'/most successful salesperson over a sustained period, where you have consistently achieved/exceeded your targets.
- Experience of scoping market opportunities.
- Proven track record of building effective client relationships and influencing customer positively.
What we offer:
- A generous starting salary of £40,000 - £50,000 plus commission
- Hours: 10am – 6pm, Monday to Friday
- Private health insurance
- Paid membership to a local fitness centre
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme
- 22 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Huge opportunities to grow within your role
This is a great opportunity for the right person to work at a thrilling pace and have hands on exposure to all aspects of the business, enjoy photo shoots, experience society events, fashion shows and to be involved in the creative process from initial client inquiry to design and manufacture and finally the delivery of our finished product. Our brand is experiencing rapid growth and as such the opportunity to move and grow the business is only limited by the individual.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org